The Marimo “Moss” Ball is an alga that can be kept in a jar with water and have many years of life (the ones in nature can live for 200 years or more!). They are incredibly easy to care for and they will make an amazing desk friend or a cute gift.
You will receive:
- One Marimo of 1″ to 2″
- One mouth-blown Borosilicate glass vase
- Pink Quartz pebbles.
- Use dechlorinated water. You can use filtered or just leave tap water out for a few hours to get the chlorine out of the water.
- They like low light. Too much direct light may burn them.
- Change their water every 2 weeks or whenever the water gets dirty.
- You can keep them with the lid but I would recommend leaving them uncovered for several days, they need to oxygen.
- Gently squeeze the Marimos and wash them with some running water.
- If they happen to get brown, change the water immediately , wash them thoroughly and assess the light situation
- The plants are sent via USPS Priority service, insured up to $50. All plants are packaged with love and lots of padding to avoid any issues during transit. However, all plants can suffer cosmetic damages, breakage or stress during transit. I will do my best to pack the plant, but I cannot guarantee how USPS handles the packages. If you encounter damage in the plant due to shipping, please make sure you take photos and document everything (box and plant conditions) in order to file a claim.
- Refunds will be handled on a case by case basis, up to 5 days after you have received the plant.
- I am not responsible for damage due to weather or shipping handling.
- I ship from Maryland, so please consider the distance and check the weather in your area. This can affect the plant during transit and I do not offer heat pads at the moment.
- We do not accept returns. If your plant presents immediate root issues, please contact me as soon as possible.